Warning: Undefined variable $s_watching_topic_img in /home/phpbb2x/public_html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 674
Author
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 4:01 pm    Post subject: Welcome to phpBB2x

What is phpBB2x?

phpBB2x is an unofficial, updated version of phpBB 2.
phpBB2 was one of the most popular forum software's ever released and is still one of the most flexible and easily modified bulletin boards available.
It has the unreleased phpBB 2.0.24 update as well as many other code updates to enable php 7.4 and mysqli comaptibility.
Ive kept mods to a minimum in order to maintain the basic, uncluttered appeal of the original phpBB2 software.

Changes
* added bootstrap and fontawesome
* updated social networking links
* added dhtml collapsing FAQ and ACP left menu
* added page load info to the footer (can be turned off by disabling DEBUG mode)
* updated eXtremeStyles mod to run on php7.4 (not installed by default)

Why did I do this?
That's a great question! Over the years I built many websites for clients who wanted a simple static website with a flexible backend for user managment and communication. phpBB2 was a perfect fit for the backend. I took about 6 years off from web development but occasionally was asked to update or fix bugs related to php/mysql updates and was also asked to deploy a few new sites. This typically took several hours of codework to install. I decided to just update the core to an easily installable version.
Since phpBB2 is EOL and essencially abandonware, I removed links back to phpBB.com because they no longer support this phpBB2 or even many versions of phpBB3 and they consider anything phpBB2 related to be a nusance. If you need support for phpBB2 or any of its verions, you can ask here or you can find the best phpBB2 minds @ http://www.phpbb2refugees.com/

I will upload mods here as they are updated to work with phpBB2x & php7.4
It should be noted that neither I, nor phpbb2refugees are affiliated with phpbb.com in any way
 NewTopic    PostReply    phpBB2x.com Forum Index -> Welcome
Page 1 of 1All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Welcome to phpBB2x.com

phpBB2.0 for the future

About Us

Under Construction

Neque officiis dolore maiores et exercitationem quae est seda lidera pat claero

phpBB2

phpBB is a free flat-forum bulletin board software solution that can be used to stay in touch with a group of people or can power your entire website.

With an extensive database of user-created mods and a styles database containing hundreds of style and image packages to customise your board, you can create a very unique forum in minutes. No other bulletin board software offers a greater complement of features, while maintaining efficiency and ease of use. Best of all, phpBB is completely free.

We welcome you to test it for yourself today.
If you have any questions please visit our Community Forum where our staff and members of the community will be happy to assist you with anything from configuring the software to modifying the code for individual needs.

phpBB2x is the official release of pbpBB 2.0.23 with some un-official updates.

added the unreleased phpBB 2.0.24 update by the phpBB developers

added phpBB 2 fixes by achaab & BoBmArLeY

added mysql and PHP version information to Admin Index

added mysqli database option

updated to run on php versions up to 8.3.9 and mysqli by the IntegraMOD developers

added prosilver & prosilver_se templates for better mobile access

added a bootstrap version of the subSilver template. (BS_subSilver)

BS_subSilver is built with:
   font-awesome ver 6.5.2
   bootstrap ver 5.3.0

updated the user social links

added:
   Facebook
   Instagram
   Pinterest
   Twitter
   LinkedIn
   TikTok
   Discord
removed obsolete social links
   YIM
   MSNM
   AIM

This template is Hero, edited from the herobiz bootstrap website by bootstrapmade

Repudiandae rerum velit modi et officia quasi facilis

Laborum omnis voluptates voluptas qui sit aliquam blanditiis. Sapiente minima commodi dolorum non eveniet magni quaerat nemo et.

Incidunt non veritatis illum ea ut nisi

Non quod totam minus repellendus autem sint velit. Rerum debitis facere soluta tenetur. Iure molestiae assumenda sunt qui inventore eligendi voluptates nisi at. Dolorem quo tempora. Quia et perferendis.

Omnis ab quia nemo dignissimos rem eum quos..

Eius alias aut cupiditate. Dolor voluptates animi ut blanditiis quos nam. Magnam officia aut ut alias quo explicabo ullam esse. Sunt magnam et dolorem eaque magnam odit enim quaerat. Vero error error voluptatem eum.

Contact

Get in touch

Et id eius voluptates atque nihil voluptatem enim in tempore minima sit ad mollitia commodi minus.

A108 Adam Street, New York, NY 535022

Email:

info@example.com

Call:

+1 5589 55488 55

Under Construction - not connected

Your message has been sent. Thank you!
[Page generation time: s | (PHP: % | SQL: %) | SQL queries: | | | Peak memory usage: MB]